Version 1.0, valid from March 2, 2019
Your privacy is very important to us. Accordingly, NightGuide developed this policy in order for you to understand which information is collected by us and how we collect, use, communicate, disclose and make use of personal information. NightGuide aims to comply with all legislation to make sure your privacy is properly protected.
Scope and definitions
- NightGuide: the provider of the services, hereafter also referred to as “we”, “our” and “us”
- Website(s): the webdomains of NightGuide, nightguide.app
- App: the mobile software application of NightGuide available on iOS and Android.
- Services: the online platform offered by NightGuide
- User: every private person and every legal entity making use of the services provided by NightGuide
- Personal information: data related to an individual who is either directly or indirectly identifiable to NightGuide or to a third party, such as, but not limited to, full name, date of birth, gender, IP address, location, phone number, email address
- Information: any other information that may be collected by NightGuide, not being personal information, such as, but not limited to, device information, operating system information, browser type, date and time of use of the service, language preferences
When we collect your information
All of the information that we collect about any member type (people, venues and/or groups) are done for the purpose of better understanding your situation and desires, such that we may be better able to enable you to have the best nighlife experience. We obtain the information you provide when you download and register the app or register to use our websites. When you register with us and use our services, you generally provide (a) your first and last name, email address, date of birth/age, gender and possibly other registration information; (b) information you provide us when you contact us for help. To be able to make full use of our services, you will also have to provide us with your location. This means you must enable your GPS/location services on your mobile device and you must allow our app to access information about your location. In addition, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile devices unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use the app. We do not collect and use any special personal information, such as your race, belief, health status, religion, sexual preference, other than under the specific strict circumstances and conditions of the applicable privacy laws.
How and why we use your information
We may collect and store information about you when you use our services. We use the information to fulfill your requests, provide the service’s functionality, improve the service’s quality, personalize your experience, track usage of the service, provide feedback to third party businesses that use our services, market the service, provide customer support, message you, back up our systems and allow for disaster recovery, enhance the security of the service, and comply with legal obligations. We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes. By downloading and registering our app or by using our websites, you give your consent to the use of your personal information for the purposes mentioned in this policy by agreeing to the end user license agreement (app) or the terms & conditions (website). We do disclose your information to third parties that have access to our platform. We will not disclose any personal information to third parties without your consent, except in the following cases:
- When a legal obligation is placed on us by a regulatory body or governmental institution with the necessary legal authority to disclose personal information of our users
- When it is necessary for the performance of our operations, such as protection from fraud
- When we change our legal framework, including when we are acquired by a third party or when we become part of another legal entity, the personal information held by us is considered a part of our assets and will as such be transferred to the new legal entity. However, in any case your personal information will be subject to our commitments as to protecting personal information.
To make our services work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. Cookies are small text files sent by us to your device and from your computer or mobile device to us each time you visit our websites or use our app. They are unique to your account or your browser. Session-based cookies last only while your browser is open and are automatically deleted when you close your browser. Persistent cookies last until you or your browser delete them or until they expire. Some cookies are associated with your account and personal information to remember that you are logged in, to identify you as a user, to remember your actions and to keep track of your online behaviour. Other cookies are not tied to your account but are unique and allow us to carry out site analytics and customization, among other similar things. Some cookies are essential for the functioning of our services and others aim to enhance the performance of our services. If you access the services through your browser, you can manage your cookie settings there but if you disable some or all cookies you may not be able to use all our services.
Limitation of liability
We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. Please be aware that, although we endeavour provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
Exercise your rights
Except as otherwise stated in this Agreement or as expressly required by local law, any notice to us shall be given by either;
- certified postal mail to: NightGuide, Vechtplantsoen 56-1, The Netherlands, or
- by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Any notice to you shall be given to the email address that you provided us during the registration process.
Notice given by postal mail shall be considered given five (5) days after receiving the mailing in our postbox.
Notice shall be considered within 48 hours after the mail has been received.
The abuse of alcohol is dangerous to your health, please consume in moderation.